If you have been thinking about listing your UBC home and taking advantage of this summer’s real estate market then this is the blog for you. The fastest way to attract potential buyers and get full market value is by cleaning up and transforming the exterior of your home. As the premier real estate agent for UBC homes, I would like to offer you the following tips on how to improve the exterior of your home.
Perhaps the easiest and most cost-efficient method of improving house is by putting in some time and cleaning the exterior and yard. An attractive exterior begins with trimming the bushes, mowing the lawn and raking the leaves in your yard. Once you have completed these tasks, take the time to wash and scrub your driveway, walkway, your home’s exterior and the fence. Finally, make sure to wash and scrub the windows with a glass cleaner or with diluted detergent and warm water.
A freshly painted home is sure to turn heads. Not only does paint offer a protective barrier against the elements, it is also a great way to attract potential buyers. If painting your entire home is not in your budget or just seems too overwhelming, focus your attention on the trim, doors and shutters.
Another quick way to transform the exterior of your home and make it more appealing is by adding shutters. Shutters give the illusion of making your windows look larger and disrupts an otherwise bland wall. Make sure to choose a colour that contrasts the exterior colour of your home to make them stand out.
Change those numbers
Changing your house numbers is another quick way to create maximum exterior appeal. Replace or add bronze or chrome house numbers to give your home a more sophisticated and updated look. Other creative ways to use house numbers include:
- Paint your address on a large planter at the foot of your entrance or at the end of your home’s walkway.
- Add house numbers to a post near your front porch or at the end of your driveway.
- Place numbers on your front gate or fence.
Other quick changes
Other quick budget friendly changes that can make a huge difference to your home’s exterior include:
- Upgrade or paint your mailbox. A new design or colour may add a whole new flair to the outside of your home.
- Add a tree, new flowers or bushes. A few strategically placed planters with trees or flowers will add to the ambiance of your front porch or walkway.
- Hanging baskets full of lively flowers will brighten-up your patio or front walkway.
These budget friendly exterior boosters are sure to attract a wide range of clients to your home. If you would like any more tips or advice on how to transform the exterior of your home and make it more appealing to prospective buyers, please contact me today. I look forward to being a part of your sales team.